|Product Name||Anti-NGF Antibody|
|Storage & Handling||At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|
|Description||Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for Beta-nerve growth factor(NGF) detection. Tested with WB, ELISA in Human.|
|Cite This Product||Anti-NGF Antibody (Boster Biological Technology, Pleasanton CA, USA, Catalog # RP1025)|
|Immunogen||E. coli-derived human NGFB recombinant protein(Position: S122-A241).|
Assay Dilutions Overview
ELISA , 0.1-0.5μg/ml, Human
Boster's Secondary Antibodies And IHC, WB Kits
The following reagents are used to generate the images below.Boster recommends Enhanced Chemiluminescent Kit with anti-Rabbit IgG (EK1002) for Western blot.
Images And Assay Conditions
Anti-human NGF antibody, RP1025, Western blotting
Lane 1: Recombinant Human NGFB Protein 10ng
Lane 2: Recombinant Human NGFB Protein 5ng
Lane 3: Recombinant Human NGFB Protein 2
Protein Target Info (Source: Uniprot.org)
|Protein Name||Beta-nerve growth factor|
|Alternative Names||Beta-nerve growth factor;Beta-NGF;NGF;NGFB;|
|Molecular Weight||26959 MW|
*if product is indicated to react with multiple species, protein info is based on the human gene.
|Protein Function||Nerve growth factor is important for the development and maintenance of the sympathetic and sensory nervous systems. Extracellular ligand for the NTRK1 and NGFR receptors, activates cellular signaling cascades through those receptor tyrosine kinase to regulate neuronal proliferation, differentiation and survival. Inhibits metalloproteinase dependent proteolysis of platelet glycoprotein VI (PubMed:20164177). .|
|Background||Nerve growth factor is a polypeptide involved in the regulation of growth and differentiation of sympathetic and certain sensory neurons. the nucleotide sequence of human and mouse beta-NGF are very similar. the beta-subunits of nerve growth factor(NGFB) have been assigned to mouse chromosome 3 and human chromosome 1p22. The human gene for the beta subunit of nerve growth factor is located on the proximal short arm of chromosome 1. A mutation in the nerve growth factor beta gene(NGFB) causes loss of pain perception.|
Order Product (RP1025)
Promotion:Buy primary get secondary antibody for free.
Download troubleshooting handbooks for IHC, Western blot and ELISA for FREE.Download Free PDFs Now
Guaranteed product quality
We promise all of our products perform as described in datasheets.
1. Post-translational modification:phosphorylation, methylation, glycosylation etc. These modifications prevent SDS molecules from binding to the target protein and thus make the band size appear larger than expected
2. Post-translational cleavage: this can cause smaller bands and or multiple bands
3. Alternative splicing: the same gene can have alternative splicing patterns generating different size proteins, all with reactivities to the antibody.
4. Amino Acid R chain charge: SDS binds to positive charges. The different size and charge of the Amino Acid side chains can affect the amount of SDS binding and thus affect the observed band size.
5. Multimers: Multimers are usually broken up in reducing conditions. However if the interactions between the multimers are strong, the band may appear higher.,