|Product Name||Anti-Alkaline Phosphatase/ALPL Antibody|
|Storage & Handling||At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|
|Description||Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for Alkaline phosphatase, tissue-nonspecific isozyme(ALPL) detection. Tested with WB, IHC-P in Mouse;Rat.|
|Cite This Product||Anti-Alkaline Phosphatase/ALPL Antibody (Boster Biological Technology, Pleasanton CA, USA, Catalog # PA1004-1)|
|Contents/Buffer||Each vial contains 5mg BSA, 0.9mg NaCl, 0.2mg Na2HPO4, 0.05mg Thimerosal, 0.05mg NaN3.|
|Immunogen||A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the N-terminus of rat Alkaline Phosphatase(18-32aa, FVPEKEKDPSYWRQQ), different from the related mouse sequence by one amino acid.|
Assay Dilutions Overview
Western blot, 0.1-0.5μg/ml, Rat, Mouse
Images And Assay Conditions
All lanes: Anti ALPL (PA1004-1) at 0.5ug/ml
Lane 1: Rat Cardiac Muscle Tissue Lysate at 50ug
Lane 2: Rat Brain Tissue Lysate at 50ug
Predicted bind size: 57KD
Observed bind size: 57KD
Protein Target Info (Source: Uniprot.org)
|Protein Name||Alkaline phosphatase, tissue-nonspecific isozyme|
|Alternative Names||Alkaline phosphatase, tissue-nonspecific isozyme;AP-TNAP;TNSALP;126.96.36.199;Alkaline phosphatase liver/bone/kidney isozyme;Alpl;|
|Subcellular Localization||Cell membrane; Lipid-anchor, GPI-anchor.|
|Molecular Weight||57659 MW|
*if product is indicated to react with multiple species, protein info is based on the human gene.
|Research Areas||Cancer, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle, Kinases/Phosphatases, Tags & Cell Markers, Tumor Biomarkers
*You can search these to find other products in these research areas.
|Background||Alkaline phosphatase, tissue-nonspecific isozyme is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the ALPL gene. There are at least four distinct but related alkaline phosphatases: intestinal, placental, placental-like, and liver/bone/kidney(tissue non-specific). The first three are located together on chromosome 2 while the tissue non-specific form is located on chromosome 1. Liver/bone/kidney alkaline phosphatase, also known as tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase, acts physiologically as a lipid-anchored phosphoethanolamine(PEA) and pyridoxal-5-prime-phosphate(PLP) ectophosphatase Mice that lack a functional form of this enzyme show normal skeletal development. This enzyme has been linked directly to a disorder known as hypophosphatasia, a disorder that is characterized by hypercalcemia and includes skeletal defects.|
Other Recommended Resources
Here are featured tools and databases that you might find useful.
Order Product (PA1004-1)
Promotion:Buy one primary antibody get one 0.5ml HRP or Biotin secondary antibody for free.
Download troubleshooting handbooks for IHC, Western blot and ELISA for FREE.Download Free PDFs Now
Guaranteed product quality
We promise all of our products perform as described in datasheets.
1. Post-translational modification:phosphorylation, methylation, glycosylation etc. These modifications prevent SDS molecules from binding to the target protein and thus make the band size appear larger than expected
2. Post-translational cleavage: this can cause smaller bands and or multiple bands
3. Alternative splicing: the same gene can have alternative splicing patterns generating different size proteins, all with reactivities to the antibody.
4. Amino Acid R chain charge: SDS binds to positive charges. The different size and charge of the Amino Acid side chains can affect the amount of SDS binding and thus affect the observed band size.
5. Multimers: Multimers are usually broken up in reducing conditions. However if the interactions between the multimers are strong, the band may appear higher.,