|Product Name||Anti-Alkaline Phosphatase/ALPL Antibody|
|Storage & Handling||At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|
|Description||Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for Alkaline phosphatase, tissue-nonspecific isozyme(ALPL) detection. Tested with WB, IHC-P in Human;Mouse;Rat.|
|Cite This Product||Anti-Alkaline Phosphatase/ALPL Antibody (Boster Biological Technology, Pleasanton CA, USA, Catalog # PA1004)|
|Immunogen||A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the N-terminus of human Alkaline Phosphatase(21-35aa,EKEKDPKYWRDQAQE), different from the related rat and mouse sequences by two amino acids.|
|Reactivity||Human, Mouse, Rat|
Assay Dilutions Overview
Western blot, 0.1-0.5μg/ml, Human
Images And Assay Conditions
Anti-Alkaline Phosphatase antibody, PA1004, Western blotting
All lanes: Anti ALPL (PA1004) at 0.5ug/ml
WB: HT1080 Whole Cell Lysate at 40ug
Predicted bind size: 57KD
Observed bind size: 57KD
Anti-Alkaline Phosphatase antibody, PA1004, IHC(P)
IHC(P): Rat Small Intestine Tissue
Protein Target Info (Source: Uniprot.org)
|Protein Name||Alkaline phosphatase, tissue-nonspecific isozyme|
|Alternative Names||Alkaline phosphatase, tissue-nonspecific isozyme;AP-TNAP;TNSALP;22.214.171.124 ;Alkaline phosphatase liver/bone/kidney isozyme;ALPL;|
|Subcellular Localization||Cell membrane ; Lipid-anchor, GPI-anchor .|
|Molecular Weight||57305 MW|
*if product is indicated to react with multiple species, protein info is based on the human gene.
|Protein Function||This isozyme may play a role in skeletal mineralization.|
|Background||Alkaline phosphatase(ALPL) removes phosphate groups from the 5' end of DNA and RNA, and from proteins, at high pH. Most mammals have 4 different isozymes: placental, placental like, intestinal and non tissue specific(found in liver, kidney and bone). Tissues with particularly high concentrations of ALP include the liver, bile ducts, placenta, and bone. ALPL is the alkaline phosphatase of skin fibroblasts ,the tissue-nonspecific type, and that it is active toward millimolar concentrations of the putative natural substrates phosphoethanolamine(PEA) and pyridoxal-5-prime-phosphate(PLP). ALPL gene exists in single copy in the haploid genome and is composed of 12 exons distributed over more than 50 kb.Damaged or diseased tissue releases enzymes into the blood, so serum ALP measurements can be abnormal in many conditions, including bone disease and liver disease.|
Order Product (PA1004)
Promotion:Buy primary get secondary antibody for free.
Download troubleshooting handbooks for IHC, Western blot and ELISA for FREE.Download Free PDFs Now
Guaranteed product quality
We promise all of our products perform as described in datasheets.
1. Post-translational modification:phosphorylation, methylation, glycosylation etc. These modifications prevent SDS molecules from binding to the target protein and thus make the band size appear larger than expected
2. Post-translational cleavage: this can cause smaller bands and or multiple bands
3. Alternative splicing: the same gene can have alternative splicing patterns generating different size proteins, all with reactivities to the antibody.
4. Amino Acid R chain charge: SDS binds to positive charges. The different size and charge of the Amino Acid side chains can affect the amount of SDS binding and thus affect the observed band size.
5. Multimers: Multimers are usually broken up in reducing conditions. However if the interactions between the multimers are strong, the band may appear higher.,