|Reactivity||Human, Mouse, Rat|
|Product Name||Anti-HMGB4 Antibody|
|Storage & Handling||At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|
|Description||Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for High mobility group protein B4(HMGB4) detection. Tested with WB in Human;Mouse;Rat.|
|Cite This Product||Anti-HMGB4 Antibody (Boster Biological Technology, Pleasanton CA, USA, Catalog # PA1042)|
|Contents/Buffer||Each vial contains 5mg BSA, 0.9mg NaCl, 0.2mg Na2HPO4, 0.05mg Thimerosal, 0.05mg NaN3.|
|Immunogen||A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the N-terminus of human HMGB4(24-41aa RNKFKEQQPNTYVGFKEF), different from the related mouse and rat sequences by one amino acid.|
|Reactivity||Human, Mouse, Rat|
Assay Dilutions Overview
Western blot, 0.1-0.5μg/ml, Human, Rat, Mouse
Boster's Secondary Antibodies And IHC, WB Kits
The following reagents are used to generate the images below.Boster recommends Enhanced Chemiluminescent Kit with anti-Rabbit IgG (EK1002) for Western blot.
Images And Assay Conditions
Anti-HMGB4 antibody, PA1042, Western blotting
Lane 1: Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
Lane 2: Rat Testis Tissue Lysate
Lane 3: JURKAT Cell Lysate
Lane 4: HT1080 Cell Lysate
Protein Target Info (Source: Uniprot.org)
|Protein Name||High mobility group protein B4|
|Alternative Names||High mobility group protein B4;HMGB4;|
|Subcellular Localization||Nucleus . Chromosome .|
|Molecular Weight||22490 MW|
*if product is indicated to react with multiple species, protein info is based on the human gene.
|Research Areas||Chromatin Binding Proteins, Dna / Rna Binding, Domain Families, Epigenetics And Nuclear Signaling, Transcription
*You can search these to find other products in these research areas.
|Background||HMGB4 is HMG2 like, isoform 2, high-mobility group box 4. This gene can be found on Chromosome 1. HMGB4 contains two HMG-box regions, which is found in a variety of eukaryotic chromosomal proteins and transcription. HMGB proteins are phosphorylated to various extents reveals that the existence of differentially modified forms increases the number of distinct HMGB protein variants in plant chromatin that may be adapted to certain functions.|
Other Recommended Resources
Here are featured tools and databases that you might find useful.
Order Product (PA1042)
Promotion:Buy one primary antibody get one 0.5ml HRP or Biotin secondary antibody for free.
Download troubleshooting handbooks for IHC, Western blot and ELISA for FREE.Download Free PDFs Now
Guaranteed product quality
We promise all of our products perform as described in datasheets.
1. Post-translational modification:phosphorylation, methylation, glycosylation etc. These modifications prevent SDS molecules from binding to the target protein and thus make the band size appear larger than expected
2. Post-translational cleavage: this can cause smaller bands and or multiple bands
3. Alternative splicing: the same gene can have alternative splicing patterns generating different size proteins, all with reactivities to the antibody.
4. Amino Acid R chain charge: SDS binds to positive charges. The different size and charge of the Amino Acid side chains can affect the amount of SDS binding and thus affect the observed band size.
5. Multimers: Multimers are usually broken up in reducing conditions. However if the interactions between the multimers are strong, the band may appear higher.,