|Product Name||Anti-Growth Hormone/GH1 Antibody|
|Storage & Handling||At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|
|Description||Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for Somatotropin(GH1) detection. Tested with WB, IHC-P, ELISA in Human.|
|Cite This Product||Anti-Growth Hormone/GH1 Antibody (Boster Biological Technology, Pleasanton CA, USA, Catalog # RP1023)|
|Contents/Buffer||Each vial contains 0.9mg NaCl, 0.2mg Na2HPO4, 0.05mg NaN3. Carrier free (No BSA) form available in stock. If you want this antibody carrier free please specify "Carrier Free" or "No BSA" in your order note.|
|Immunogen||E. coli-derived human GH recombinant protein(Position: F27-F217).|
Assay Dilutions Overview
ELISA , 0.1-0.5μg/ml, Human, -
Immunohistochemistry(Paraffin-embedded Section), 0.5-1μg/ml, Human, By Heat
Western blot, 0.1-0.5μg/ml, Human
Boster's Secondary Antibodies And IHC, WB Kits
The following reagents are used to generate the images below.Boster recommends Enhanced Chemiluminescent Kit with anti-Rabbit IgG (EK1002) for Western blot, and HRP Conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG Super Vision Assay Kit (SV0002-1) for IHC(P).
Images And Assay Conditions
Anti-human Growth Hormone antibody, RP1023, Western blotting
Lane 1: Recombinant Human GH Protein 10ng
Lane 2: Recombinant Human GH Protein 5ng
Lane 3: Recombinant Human GH Protein 2
Anti-human Growth Hormone antibody, RP1023, IHC(P)
IHC(P): Human Placenta Tissue
Protein Target Info (Source: Uniprot.org)
|Alternative Names||Somatotropin;Growth hormone;GH;GH-N;Growth hormone 1;Pituitary growth hormone;GH1;|
|Molecular Weight||24847 MW|
*if product is indicated to react with multiple species, protein info is based on the human gene.
|Protein Function||Plays an important role in growth control. Its major role in stimulating body growth is to stimulate the liver and other tissues to secrete IGF-1. It stimulates both the differentiation and proliferation of myoblasts. It also stimulates amino acid uptake and protein synthesis in muscle and other tissues.|
|Research Areas||Developmental Biology, Growth Factors/Hormones, Signal Transduction
*You can search these to find other products in these research areas.
|Background||Growth Hormone(GH) is mapped to 17q22-q24. Growth hormone(GH) is synthesized by acidophilic or somatotropic cells of the anterior pituitary gland. Human growth hormone has a molecular mass of 22,005 and contains 191 amino acid residues with 2 disulfide bridges. It binds two receptor molecules and thereby induces signal transduction through receptor dimerization. At high concentrations, GH acts as an antagonist because of a large difference in affinities at the respective binding sites.|
Other Recommended Resources
Here are featured tools and databases that you might find useful.
Order Product (RP1023)
Promotion:Buy one primary antibody get one 0.5ml HRP or Biotin secondary antibody for free.
Download troubleshooting handbooks for IHC, Western blot and ELISA for FREE.Download Free PDFs Now
Guaranteed product quality
We promise all of our products perform as described in datasheets.
1. Post-translational modification:phosphorylation, methylation, glycosylation etc. These modifications prevent SDS molecules from binding to the target protein and thus make the band size appear larger than expected
2. Post-translational cleavage: this can cause smaller bands and or multiple bands
3. Alternative splicing: the same gene can have alternative splicing patterns generating different size proteins, all with reactivities to the antibody.
4. Amino Acid R chain charge: SDS binds to positive charges. The different size and charge of the Amino Acid side chains can affect the amount of SDS binding and thus affect the observed band size.
5. Multimers: Multimers are usually broken up in reducing conditions. However if the interactions between the multimers are strong, the band may appear higher.,