|Product Name||Anti-Angiopoietin 2/ANGPT2 Antibody|
|Storage & Handling||At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|
|Description||Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for Angiopoietin-2(ANGPT2) detection. Tested with WB in Human.|
|Cite This Product||Anti-Angiopoietin 2/ANGPT2 Antibody (Boster Biological Technology, Pleasanton CA, USA, Catalog # PA1005)|
|Contents/Buffer||Each vial contains 5mg BSA, 0.9mg NaCl, 0.2mg Na2HPO4, 0.05mg Thimerosal, 0.05mg NaN3.|
|Immunogen||A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the C-terminus of human Angiopoietin 2(454-468aa NLNGMYYPQRQNTNK).|
Assay Dilutions Overview
Western blot, 0.1-0.5μg/ml, Human
Boster's Secondary Antibodies And IHC, WB Kits
The following reagents are used to generate the images below.Boster recommends Enhanced Chemiluminescent Kit with anti-Rabbit IgG (EK1002) for Western blot.
Images And Assay Conditions
Anti-Angiopoietin 2 antibody, PA1005, Western blotting
Lane 1: Recombinant Human ANG2 Protein 10ng
Lane 2: Recombinant Human ANG2 Protein 5ng
Lane 3: Recombinant Human ANG2 Protein 2.5ng
Protein Target Info (Source: Uniprot.org)
|Molecular Weight||56919 MW|
*if product is indicated to react with multiple species, protein info is based on the human gene.
|Protein Function||Binds to TEK/TIE2, competing for the ANGPT1 binding site, and modulating ANGPT1 signaling. Can induce tyrosine phosphorylation of TEK/TIE2 in the absence of ANGPT1. In the absence of angiogenic inducers, such as VEGF, ANGPT2-mediated loosening of cell-matrix contacts may induce endothelial cell apoptosis with consequent vascular regression. In concert with VEGF, it may facilitate endothelial cell migration and proliferation, thus serving as a permissive angiogenic signal. .|
|Research Areas||Angiogenesis, Cardiovascular, Growth Factors
*You can search these to find other products in these research areas.
|Background||Angiopoietin 1 and Angiopoietin 2 are important for development of the endothelium, by regulating tyrosine phosphorylation of the membrane receptor Tie 2. Angiopoietin 2 is only 60% homologous with Angiopoietin 1. Angiopoietin-2 is a naturally occurring antagonist of angiopoietin-1 that competes for binding to the TIE2 receptor and blocks ANGPT1-induced TIE2 autophosphorylation. Angiopoietin 1 binding to Tie 2 causes phosphorylation of the receptor. Angiopoietin 2 competes for this binding, and thus blocks receptor phosphorylation. Angiopoietin 2 expression occurs at sites of vascular remodelling: dorsal aorta and major aortic branches, ovary, placenta and uterus.|
Other Recommended Resources
Here are featured tools and databases that you might find useful.
Order Product (PA1005)
Promotion:Buy one primary antibody get one 0.5ml HRP or Biotin secondary antibody for free.
Download troubleshooting handbooks for IHC, Western blot and ELISA for FREE.Download Free PDFs Now
Guaranteed product quality
We promise all of our products perform as described in datasheets.
1. Post-translational modification:phosphorylation, methylation, glycosylation etc. These modifications prevent SDS molecules from binding to the target protein and thus make the band size appear larger than expected
2. Post-translational cleavage: this can cause smaller bands and or multiple bands
3. Alternative splicing: the same gene can have alternative splicing patterns generating different size proteins, all with reactivities to the antibody.
4. Amino Acid R chain charge: SDS binds to positive charges. The different size and charge of the Amino Acid side chains can affect the amount of SDS binding and thus affect the observed band size.
5. Multimers: Multimers are usually broken up in reducing conditions. However if the interactions between the multimers are strong, the band may appear higher.,