|Reactivity||Human, Mouse, Rat|
|Product Name||Anti-BDNF Antibody|
|Storage & Handling||At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|
|Description||Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for Brain-derived neurotrophic factor(BDNF) detection. Tested with WB in Human;Mouse;Rat.|
|Cite This Product||Anti-BDNF Antibody (Boster Biological Technology, Pleasanton CA, USA, Catalog # PA1014)|
|Immunogen||A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the N-terminal of human BDNF(129-148aa HSDPARRGELSVCDSISEWV), identical to the related rat and mouse sequences.|
|Reactivity||Human, Mouse, Rat|
Assay Dilutions Overview
Boster's Secondary Antibodies And IHC, WB Kits
The following reagents are used to generate the images below.Boster recommends Enhanced Chemiluminescent Kit with anti-Rabbit IgG (EK1002) for Western blot.
Images And Assay Conditions
Anti-BDNF antibody, PA1014, Western blotting
All lanes: Anti BDNF (PA1014) at 0.5ug/ml
Lane 1: Rat Brain Tissue Lysate at 50ug
Lane 2: Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate at 50ug
Lane 3: MCF-7 Whole Cell Lysate at 40ug
Predicted bind size: 28KD
Observed bind size: 37KD
Protein Target Info (Source: Uniprot.org)
|Protein Name||Brain-derived neurotrophic factor|
|Tissue Specificity||Brain. Highly expressed in hippocampus, amygdala, cerebral cortex and cerebellum. Also expressed in heart, lung, skeletal muscle, testis, prostate and placenta. .|
|Alternative Names||Brain-derived neurotrophic factor;BDNF;Abrineurin;BDNF;|
|Molecular Weight||27818 MW|
*if product is indicated to react with multiple species, protein info is based on the human gene.
|Protein Function||During development, promotes the survival and differentiation of selected neuronal populations of the peripheral and central nervous systems. Participates in axonal growth, pathfinding and in the modulation of dendritic growth and morphology. Major regulator of synaptic transmission and plasticity at adult synapses in many regions of the CNS. The versatility of BDNF is emphasized by its contribution to a range of adaptive neuronal responses including long-term potentiation (LTP), long-term depression (LTD), certain forms of short-term synaptic plasticity, as well as homeostatic regulation of intrinsic neuronal excitability. .|
|Background||Brain derived neurotrophic factor(BDNF) is a member of the neurotrophin family of growth factors that includes NGF, NT3, and NT4. BDNF is a prosurvival factor induced by cortical neurons that is necessary for survival of striatal neurons in the brain. BDNF is expressed within peripheral ganglia and is not restricted to neuronal target fields. BDNF has been purified and shown to reduce the amount of naturally occurring neuronal cell death in portions of the peripheral nervous system.|
Order Product (PA1014)
Promotion:Buy one primary antibody get one 0.5ml HRP or Biotin secondary antibody for free.
Download troubleshooting handbooks for IHC, Western blot and ELISA for FREE.Download Free PDFs Now
Guaranteed product quality
We promise all of our products perform as described in datasheets.
1. Post-translational modification:phosphorylation, methylation, glycosylation etc. These modifications prevent SDS molecules from binding to the target protein and thus make the band size appear larger than expected
2. Post-translational cleavage: this can cause smaller bands and or multiple bands
3. Alternative splicing: the same gene can have alternative splicing patterns generating different size proteins, all with reactivities to the antibody.
4. Amino Acid R chain charge: SDS binds to positive charges. The different size and charge of the Amino Acid side chains can affect the amount of SDS binding and thus affect the observed band size.
5. Multimers: Multimers are usually broken up in reducing conditions. However if the interactions between the multimers are strong, the band may appear higher.,