|Product Name||Anti-CD40 Antibody|
|Storage & Handling||At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|
|Description||Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 5(CD40) detection. Tested with WB in Mouse.|
|Cite This Product||Anti-CD40 Antibody (Boster Biological Technology, Pleasanton CA, USA, Catalog # PA1019)|
|Immunogen||A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the N-terminus of mouse CD40(22-36aa, QCVTCSDKQYLHDGQ).|
Assay Dilutions Overview
Boster's Secondary Antibodies And IHC, WB Kits
The following reagents are used to generate the images below.Boster recommends Enhanced Chemiluminescent Kit with anti-Rabbit IgG (EK1002) for Western blot.
Images And Assay Conditions
Anti-CD40 antibody, PA1019, Western blotting
Lane 1: Recombinant Mouse CD 40 Protein 10ng
Lane 2: Recombinant Mouse CD 40 Protein 5ng
Lane 3: Recombinant Mouse CD 40 Protein 2.5ng
Protein Target Info (Source: Uniprot.org)
|Protein Name||Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 5|
|Alternative Names||Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 5;B-cell surface antigen CD40;Bp50;CD40L receptor;CD40;Cd40;Tnfrsf5;|
|Subcellular Localization||Isoform I: Cell membrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein.|
|Molecular Weight||32093 MW|
*if product is indicated to react with multiple species, protein info is based on the human gene.
|Protein Function||Receptor for TNFSF5/CD40LG. Transduces TRAF6- and MAP3K8-mediated signals that activate ERK in macrophages and B cells, leading to induction of immunoglobulin secretion. .|
|Background||CD40 is a cell surface receptor that is expressed on the surface of all mature B cells and also expressed on monocytes, dendritic cells, and thymic epithelium. CD40 is a member of the tumor necrosis factor(TNF) receptor superfamily and is the receptor for CD40 ligand. CD40 ligand(CD40L, CD154, gp39, and TRAM) belongs to the TNF gene family and is expressed more widely than CD40 predominantly on activated CD4+ T cells. Activation of CD40 has also been shown to inhibit the growth of certain B cell lymphomas and to induce the death of transformed cells of mesenchymal or epithelial origin.|
Order Product (PA1019)
Promotion:Buy primary get secondary antibody for free.
Download troubleshooting handbooks for IHC, Western blot and ELISA for FREE.Download Free PDFs Now
Guaranteed product quality
We promise all of our products perform as described in datasheets.
1. Post-translational modification:phosphorylation, methylation, glycosylation etc. These modifications prevent SDS molecules from binding to the target protein and thus make the band size appear larger than expected
2. Post-translational cleavage: this can cause smaller bands and or multiple bands
3. Alternative splicing: the same gene can have alternative splicing patterns generating different size proteins, all with reactivities to the antibody.
4. Amino Acid R chain charge: SDS binds to positive charges. The different size and charge of the Amino Acid side chains can affect the amount of SDS binding and thus affect the observed band size.
5. Multimers: Multimers are usually broken up in reducing conditions. However if the interactions between the multimers are strong, the band may appear higher.,