|Product Name||Anti-GST3/GST pi/GSTP1 Antibody|
|Storage & Handling||At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|
|Description||Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for Glutathione S-transferase P(GSTP1) detection. Tested with WB in Human;Mouse.|
|Cite This Product||Anti-GST3/GST pi/GSTP1 Antibody (Boster Biological Technology, Pleasanton CA, USA, Catalog # PA1040)|
|Immunogen||A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the C-terminus of human GST3(197-210aa PEYVNLPINGNGKQ), different from the related mouse sequence by two amino acids.|
Assay Dilutions Overview
Boster's Secondary Antibodies And IHC, WB Kits
The following reagents are used to generate the images below.Boster recommends Enhanced Chemiluminescent Kit with anti-Rabbit IgG (EK1002) for Western blot.
Images And Assay Conditions
Anti-GST3/GST pi antibody, PA1040, Western blotting
Lane 1: MCF-7 Cell Lysate
Lane 2: COLO320 Cell Lysate
Protein Target Info (Source: Uniprot.org)
|Protein Name||Glutathione S-transferase P|
|Alternative Names||Glutathione S-transferase P;22.214.171.124;GST class-pi;GSTP1-1;GSTP1;FAEES3, GST3;|
|Subcellular Localization||Cytoplasm . Mitochondrion . Nucleus . The 83 N-terminal amino acids function as un uncleaved transit peptide, and arginine residues within it are crucial for mitochondrial localization.|
|Molecular Weight||23356 MW|
*if product is indicated to react with multiple species, protein info is based on the human gene.
|Protein Function||Conjugation of reduced glutathione to a wide number of exogenous and endogenous hydrophobic electrophiles. Regulates negatively CDK5 activity via p25/p35 translocation to prevent neurodegeneration. .|
|Background||Glutathione S-transferases pi, also known as GST3, present in all tissues and cells, with the exception of red cells, in which only erythrocyte GST(GSTe) is observed. The GST-pi gene has 7 exons and 6 introns contained within approximately 2.8 kilobases. The GST-pi gene is mapped to chromosome 11 .Placental glutathione-S-transferase-pi mRNA is abundantly expressed in human skin. GSTP does not contribute in vivo to the formation of glutathione conjugates of acetaminophen but plays a novel and unexpected role in the toxicity of this compound.|
Order Product (PA1040)
Promotion:Buy one primary antibody get one 0.5ml HRP or Biotin secondary antibody for free.
Download troubleshooting handbooks for IHC, Western blot and ELISA for FREE.Download Free PDFs Now
Guaranteed product quality
We promise all of our products perform as described in datasheets.
1. Post-translational modification:phosphorylation, methylation, glycosylation etc. These modifications prevent SDS molecules from binding to the target protein and thus make the band size appear larger than expected
2. Post-translational cleavage: this can cause smaller bands and or multiple bands
3. Alternative splicing: the same gene can have alternative splicing patterns generating different size proteins, all with reactivities to the antibody.
4. Amino Acid R chain charge: SDS binds to positive charges. The different size and charge of the Amino Acid side chains can affect the amount of SDS binding and thus affect the observed band size.
5. Multimers: Multimers are usually broken up in reducing conditions. However if the interactions between the multimers are strong, the band may appear higher.,