|Product Name||Anti-Prolactin Antibody|
|Storage & Handling||At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|
|Description||Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for Prolactin(PRL) detection. Tested with WB, ELISA in Mouse.|
|Cite This Product||Anti-Prolactin Antibody (Boster Biological Technology, Pleasanton CA, USA, Catalog # RP1021)|
|Immunogen||E. coli-derived mouse Prolactin recombinant protein(Position: L30-C226).|
Assay Dilutions Overview
ELISA , 0.1-0.5μg/ml, Mouse, -
Western blot, 0.1-0.5μg/ml, Mouse
Images And Assay Conditions
Western blot analysis of Prolactin expression in mouse testis extract (lane 1). Prolactin at 26KD was detected using rabbit anti- Prolactin Antigen Affinity purified polyclonal antibody (Catalog # RP1021) at0.5 ??g/mL. The blot was developed using chemiluminescence (ECL) method (Catalog # EK1002).
Protein Target Info (Source: Uniprot.org)
|Molecular Weight||25496 MW|
*if product is indicated to react with multiple species, protein info is based on the human gene.
|Protein Function||Prolactin acts primarily on the mammary gland by promoting lactation.|
|Research Areas||Growth Factors/Hormones, Lipid Metabolism, Metabolism, Protein Phosphorylation, Receptor Tyrosine Kinases, Signal Transduction, Tyrosine Kinases
*You can search these to find other products in these research areas.
|Background||Prolactin(PRL) also known as luteotropic hormone(LTH) is a protein that in humans is encoded by the PRL gene. Prolactin is a peptide hormone discovered by Henry Friesen. Although it is perhaps best known for its role in lactation, prolactin already existed in the oldest known vertebrates-fishes-where its most important functions were probably related to control of water and salt balance. Prolactin also acts in a cytokine-like manner and as an important regulator of the immune system. Prolactin has important cell cycle related functions as a growth-, differentiating- and anti-apoptotic factor. As a growth factor binding to cytokine like receptors it has also profound influence on hematopoiesis, angiogenesis and is involved in the regulation of blood clotting through several pathways.|
Other Recommended Resources
Here are featured tools and databases that you might find useful.
Order Product (RP1021)
Promotion:Buy one primary antibody get one 0.5ml HRP or Biotin secondary antibody for free.
Download troubleshooting handbooks for IHC, Western blot and ELISA for FREE.Download Free PDFs Now
Guaranteed product quality
We promise all of our products perform as described in datasheets.
- Review by Tabitha Doci
"Specific and low variability between lots"
--Tabitha Doci, ELISA DEPARTMENT, MOLECULAR INNOVATIONS, ELISA SPECIALIST
Applications ELISA Sample Purified mouse prolactin and plasma Detection TMB Substrate
"We were looking for an antibody that detects mouse prolactin in ELISA, this antibody performs well and I particularly liked that there's no lot to lot variability. Low background and fast high OD. Will purchase again."
1. Post-translational modification:phosphorylation, methylation, glycosylation etc. These modifications prevent SDS molecules from binding to the target protein and thus make the band size appear larger than expected
2. Post-translational cleavage: this can cause smaller bands and or multiple bands
3. Alternative splicing: the same gene can have alternative splicing patterns generating different size proteins, all with reactivities to the antibody.
4. Amino Acid R chain charge: SDS binds to positive charges. The different size and charge of the Amino Acid side chains can affect the amount of SDS binding and thus affect the observed band size.
5. Multimers: Multimers are usually broken up in reducing conditions. However if the interactions between the multimers are strong, the band may appear higher.,