|Product Name||Anti-IL17/IL17A Antibody|
|Storage & Handling||At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|
|Description||Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for Interleukin-17A(IL17A) detection. Tested with WB, ELISA in Mouse.|
|Cite This Product||Anti-IL17/IL17A Antibody (Boster Biological Technology, Pleasanton CA, USA, Catalog # RP1019)|
|Immunogen||E. coli-derived mouse IL-17 recombinant protein(Position: A26-A158).|
Assay Dilutions Overview
Western blot, 0.1-0.5μg/ml, Mouse
Boster's Secondary Antibodies And IHC, WB Kits
The following reagents are used to generate the images below.Boster recommends Enhanced Chemiluminescent Kit with anti-Rabbit IgG (EK1002) for Western blot.
Images And Assay Conditions
Figure. Western blot analysis of IL-17 using anti- IL-17 antibody (RP1019).
Electrophoresis was performed on a 5-20% SDS-PAGE gel at 70V (Stacking gel) / 90V (Resolving gel) for 2-3 hours. The sample well of each lane was loaded with 50ug of sample under reducing conditions.
Lane : Recombinant Mouse IL-17 Protein 0.5ng
After Electrophoresis, proteins were transferred to a Nitrocellulose membrane at 150mA for 50-90 minutes. Blocked the membrane with 5% Non-fat Milk/ TBS for 1.5 hour at RT. The membrane was incubated with rabbit anti- IL-17 antigen affinity purified polyclonal antibody (Catalog # RP1019) at 0.5 μg/mL overnight at 4°C, then washed with TBS-0.1%Tween 3 times with 5 minutes each and probed with a goat anti-rabbit IgG-HRP secondary antibody at a dilution of 1:10000 for 1.5 hour at RT. The signal is developed using an Enhanced Chemiluminescent detection (ECL) kit (Catalog # EK1002) with Tanon 5200 system. A specific band was detected for IL-17 at approximately 30KD. The expected band size for IL-17 is at 30KD.
Protein Target Info (Source: Uniprot.org)
|Tissue Specificity||Restricted to a subset of activated T-cells. .|
|Alternative Names||Interleukin-17A;IL-17;IL-17A;Cytotoxic T-lymphocyte-associated antigen 8;CTLA-8;Il17a;Ctla8, Il17;|
|Molecular Weight||17490 MW|
*if product is indicated to react with multiple species, protein info is based on the human gene.
|Protein Function||Induces stromal cells to produce proinflammatory and hematopoietic cytokines. .|
|Background||Interleukin-17A is a protein that in humans is encoded by the IL17A gene. The protein encoded by this gene is a proinflammatory cytokine produced by activated T cells. This cytokine regulates the activities of NF-kappaB and mitogen-activated protein kinases. This cytokine can stimulate the expression of IL6 and cyclooxygenase-2 (PTGS2/COX-2), as well as enhance the production of nitric oxide (NO). High levels of this cytokine are associated with several chronic inflammatory diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis and multiple sclerosis.|
Order Product (RP1019)
Promotion:Buy primary get secondary antibody for free.
Download troubleshooting handbooks for IHC, Western blot and ELISA for FREE.Download Free PDFs Now
Guaranteed product quality
We promise all of our products perform as described in datasheets.
1. Post-translational modification:phosphorylation, methylation, glycosylation etc. These modifications prevent SDS molecules from binding to the target protein and thus make the band size appear larger than expected
2. Post-translational cleavage: this can cause smaller bands and or multiple bands
3. Alternative splicing: the same gene can have alternative splicing patterns generating different size proteins, all with reactivities to the antibody.
4. Amino Acid R chain charge: SDS binds to positive charges. The different size and charge of the Amino Acid side chains can affect the amount of SDS binding and thus affect the observed band size.
5. Multimers: Multimers are usually broken up in reducing conditions. However if the interactions between the multimers are strong, the band may appear higher.,