|Validated Species:||Mouse, Rat|
Data & Images
|Product Name||Anti-Myoglobin Antibody|
|Description||Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for Myoglobin(MB) detection. Tested with WB, IHC-P in Mouse;Rat.|
|Cite This Product||Anti-Myoglobin Antibody (Boster Biological Technology, Pleasanton CA, USA, Catalog # PA1827)|
|Replacement Item||This antibody may replace the following items: sc-101520|sc-101521|sc-107963-R|sc-107964-R|sc-130332|sc-130479|sc-13529|sc-139289|sc-139291|sc-18708|sc-20064|sc-25604|sc-25607|sc-25727|sc-390372|sc-393020|sc-53208|sc-53209|sc-65982|sc-74404|sc-7447|sc-7448|sc-7449|sc-74525|sc-8079|sc-8081|sc-8502 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.|
|Validated Species||Mouse, Rat|
*This antibody is predicted to react with the above species based on antigen sequence similarities. Our Boster Guarantee covers the use of this product with the above species.
*Our Boster Guarantee covers the use of this product in the above tested applications.
**For positive and negative control design, consult "Tissue specificity" under Protein Target Info.
|Recommended Detection Systems||Boster recommends Enhanced Chemiluminescent Kit with anti-Rabbit IgG (EK1002) for Western blot, and HRP Conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG Super Vision Assay Kit (SV0002-1) for IHC(P).
*Blocking peptide can be purchased at $50. Contact us for more information
**Boster also offers various secondary antibodies for Immunoflourescecne and IHC. Take advantage of the buy 1 primary antibody get 1 secondary antibody for free promotion for the entire year 2018!
|Immunogen||A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the C-terminus of mouse Myoglobin(138-154aa LFRNDIAAKYKELGFQG), identical to the related rat sequence.|
|Cross Reactivity||No cross reactivity with other proteins|
|Contents||Each vial contains 5mg BSA, 0.9mg NaCl, 0.2mg Na2HPO4, 0.05mg Thimerosal, 0.05mg NaN3.|
|Concentration||Add 0.2ml of distilled water will yield a concentration of 500ug/ml.|
|Storage||At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|
|Purification||Immunogen affinity purified.|
Protein Target Info (Source: Uniprot.org)
You can check the tissue specificity below for information on selecting positive and negative control.
|Molecular Weight||17070 MW|
|Protein Function||Serves as a reserve supply of oxygen and facilitates the movement of oxygen within muscles.|
|Research Areas|||signal transduction|metabolism|energy metabolism| cardiovascular|heart|cardiac metabolism| metabolism|pathways and processes|metabolic signaling pathways|energy transfer pathways|redox metabolism|oxidative stress|types of disease|cancer||
Background for myoglobin
Anti-Myoglobin Antibody Images
Click the images to enlarge.
IHC(P): Rat Skeletal Muscle Tissue
All lanes: Anti Myoglobin (PA1827) at 0.5ug/ml
Lane 1: Rat Skeletal Muscle Tissue Lysate at 50ug
Lane 2: Rat Heart Tissue Lysate at 50ug
Lane 3: Rat Liver Tissue Lysate at 50ug
Lane 4: Rat Intestine Tissue Lysate at 50ug
Predicted bind size: 17KD
Observed bind size: 17KD
1. Post-translational modification:phosphorylation, methylation, glycosylation etc. These modifications prevent SDS molecules from binding to the target protein and thus make the band size appear larger than expected
2. Post-translational cleavage: this can cause smaller bands and or multiple bands
3. Alternative splicing: the same gene can have alternative splicing patterns generating different size proteins, all with reactivities to the antibody.
4. Amino Acid R chain charge: SDS binds to positive charges. The different size and charge of the Amino Acid side chains can affect the amount of SDS binding and thus affect the observed band size.
5. Multimers: Multimers are usually broken up in reducing conditions. However if the interactions between the multimers are strong, the band may appear higher.,