|Reactivity||Human, Mouse, Rat|
|Product Name||Anti-NCAM/NCAM1 Antibody|
|Storage & Handling||At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|
|Description||Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for Neural cell adhesion molecule 1(NCAM1) detection. Tested with WB, IHC-P in Human;Mouse;Rat.|
|Cite This Product||Anti-NCAM/NCAM1 Antibody (Boster Biological Technology, Pleasanton CA, USA, Catalog # PA1055)|
|Immunogen||A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the C-terminus of human NCAM(657-673aa DHVMLKSLDWNAEYEVY), identical to the related rat and mouse sequences.|
|Reactivity||Human, Mouse, Rat|
Assay Dilutions Overview
Western blot, 0.1-0.5μg/ml, Human, Mouse, Rat
Boster's Secondary Antibodies And IHC, WB Kits
The following reagents are used to generate the images below.Boster recommends Enhanced Chemiluminescent Kit with anti-Rabbit IgG (EK1002) for Western blot, and HRP Conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG Super Vision Assay Kit (SV0002-1) for IHC(P).
Images And Assay Conditions
Anti-NCAM antibody, PA1055, Western blotting
WB: Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
Protein Target Info (Source: Uniprot.org)
|Protein Name||Neural cell adhesion molecule 1|
|Alternative Names||Neural cell adhesion molecule 1;N-CAM-1;NCAM-1;CD56;NCAM1;NCAM;|
|Subcellular Localization||Isoform 1: Cell membrane; Single-pass type I membrane protein.|
|Molecular Weight||94574 MW|
*if product is indicated to react with multiple species, protein info is based on the human gene.
|Protein Function||This protein is a cell adhesion molecule involved in neuron-neuron adhesion, neurite fasciculation, outgrowth of neurites, etc.|
|Background||NCAM is a membrane-bound glycoprotein that plays a role in cell-cell and cell-matrix adhesion through both its homophilic and heterophilic binding activity. The neural cell adhesion molecule appears on early embryonic cells and is important in the formation of cell collectives and their boundaries at sites of morphogenesis. Later in development it is found on various differentiated tissues and is a major CAM mediating adhesion among neurons and between neurons and muscle. NCAM gene is mapped to 11q23. The neural cell adhesion molecule(NCAM) can influence a number of diverse intercellular events, including junctional communication, the association of axons with pathways and targets, and signals that alter levels of neurotransmitter enzymes.|
Order Product (PA1055)
Promotion:Buy primary get secondary antibody for free.
Download troubleshooting handbooks for IHC, Western blot and ELISA for FREE.Download Free PDFs Now
Guaranteed product quality
We promise all of our products perform as described in datasheets.
1. Post-translational modification:phosphorylation, methylation, glycosylation etc. These modifications prevent SDS molecules from binding to the target protein and thus make the band size appear larger than expected
2. Post-translational cleavage: this can cause smaller bands and or multiple bands
3. Alternative splicing: the same gene can have alternative splicing patterns generating different size proteins, all with reactivities to the antibody.
4. Amino Acid R chain charge: SDS binds to positive charges. The different size and charge of the Amino Acid side chains can affect the amount of SDS binding and thus affect the observed band size.
5. Multimers: Multimers are usually broken up in reducing conditions. However if the interactions between the multimers are strong, the band may appear higher.,