|Product Name||Anti-CCR5 Antibody|
|Storage & Handling||At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|
|Description||Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for C-C chemokine receptor type 5(CCR5) detection. Tested with WB in Mouse.|
|Cite This Product||Anti-CCR5 Antibody (Boster Biological Technology, Pleasanton CA, USA, Catalog # PA1016-2)|
|Immunogen||A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence in the middle region of mouse CCR5(181-199aa SPHFPHTQYHFWKSFQTLK).|
Assay Dilutions Overview
Boster's Secondary Antibodies And IHC, WB Kits
The following reagents are used to generate the images below.Boster recommends Enhanced Chemiluminescent Kit with anti-Rabbit IgG (EK1002) for Western blot.
Images And Assay Conditions
Anti-CCR5 antibody, PA1016-2, Western blotting
Lane 1: Mouse Lung Tissue Lysate
Lane 2: Mouse Intestine Tissue Lysate
Lane 3: Mouse Kidney Tissue Lysate
Protein Target Info (Source: Uniprot.org)
|Protein Name||C-C chemokine receptor type 5|
|Alternative Names||C-C chemokine receptor type 5;C-C CKR-5;CC-CKR-5;CCR-5;MIP-1 alpha receptor;CD195;Ccr5;Cmkbr5;|
|Subcellular Localization||Cell membrane; Multi-pass membrane protein.|
|Molecular Weight||40785 MW|
*if product is indicated to react with multiple species, protein info is based on the human gene.
|Protein Function||Receptor for a number of inflammatory CC-chemokines including MIP-1-alpha, MIP-1-beta and RANTES and subsequently transduces a signal by increasing the intracellular calcium ion level. May play a role in the control of granulocytic lineage proliferation or differentiation (By similarity). .|
|Background||Human CC chemokine receptor 5(CCR5), which is 17.5 kb from the CMKBR2 gene, encodes a 352-amino acid protein with a calculated molecular mass of 40,600 Da. It is organized into four exons and two introns. Human CCR5 is a co-receptor for macrophage-tropic strains of human immunodeficiency virus(HIV)-1 and is expressed by bone-marrow-derived cells. CCR5 is expressed on neurons, astrocytes, and microglia in the central nervous system, and on epithelium, endothelium, vascular smooth muscle and fibroblasts in other tissues. Functionally, CCR5 mediates the activation of cells by the chemokines macrophage inflammatory protein-1alpha, macrophage inflammatory protein-1beta, and RANTES, and serves as a fusion cofactor for macrophage-tropic strains of human immunodeficiency virus type 1.|
Order Product (PA1016-2)
Promotion:Buy one primary antibody get one 0.5ml HRP or Biotin secondary antibody for free.
Download troubleshooting handbooks for IHC, Western blot and ELISA for FREE.Download Free PDFs Now
Guaranteed product quality
We promise all of our products perform as described in datasheets.
1. Post-translational modification:phosphorylation, methylation, glycosylation etc. These modifications prevent SDS molecules from binding to the target protein and thus make the band size appear larger than expected
2. Post-translational cleavage: this can cause smaller bands and or multiple bands
3. Alternative splicing: the same gene can have alternative splicing patterns generating different size proteins, all with reactivities to the antibody.
4. Amino Acid R chain charge: SDS binds to positive charges. The different size and charge of the Amino Acid side chains can affect the amount of SDS binding and thus affect the observed band size.
5. Multimers: Multimers are usually broken up in reducing conditions. However if the interactions between the multimers are strong, the band may appear higher.,