|Reactivity||Human, Mouse, Rat|
|Product Name||Anti-GJB2 Antibody|
|Storage & Handling||At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|
|Description||Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for Gap junction beta-2 protein(GJB2) detection. Tested with WB in Human;Mouse;Rat.|
|Cite This Product||Anti-GJB2 Antibody (Boster Biological Technology, Pleasanton CA, USA, Catalog # PA1025)|
|Immunogen||A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence at the N-terminus of human GJB2(1-16aa, MDWGTLQTILGGVNKH), different from the related mouse and rat sequences by two amino acids.|
|Reactivity||Human, Mouse, Rat|
Assay Dilutions Overview
Boster's Secondary Antibodies And IHC, WB Kits
The following reagents are used to generate the images below.Boster recommends Enhanced Chemiluminescent Kit with anti-Rabbit IgG (EK1002) for Western blot.
Images And Assay Conditions
Anti-GJB2 antibody, PA1025, Western blotting
WB: Rat Liver Tissue Lysate
Protein Target Info (Source: Uniprot.org)
|Protein Name||Gap junction beta-2 protein|
|Alternative Names||Gap junction beta-2 protein;Connexin-26;Cx26;GJB2;|
|Subcellular Localization||Cell membrane; Multi-pass membrane protein. Cell junction, gap junction.|
|Molecular Weight||26215 MW|
*if product is indicated to react with multiple species, protein info is based on the human gene.
|Protein Function||One gap junction consists of a cluster of closely packed pairs of transmembrane channels, the connexons, through which materials of low MW diffuse from one cell to a neighboring cell.|
|Background||Connexin26(CX26), also known as GAP junction protein, beta2, GJB2. Gap junctions were first characterized by electron microscopy as regionally specialized structures on plasma membranes of contacting adherent cells. These structures were shown to consist of cell-to-cell channels. Proteins, called connexins, purified from fractions of enriched gap junctions from different tissues differ. The 3-prime untranslated region of the CX26 transcript contains a putative mRNA instability sequence. The deduced 226-amino acid protein has a calculated molecular mass of about 26 kD. CX26 shares 92.5% identity with rat Cx26. connexin 26(GJB2) is assigned to human chromosome 13q11-q12 .Connexin 26 regulates epidermal barrier and wound remodeling and promotes psoriasiform response. Connexin 26 gene(GJB2) mutation modulates the severity of hearing loss associated with the 1555A-G mitochondrial mutation.|
Order Product (PA1025)
Promotion:Buy one primary antibody get one 0.5ml HRP or Biotin secondary antibody for free.
Download troubleshooting handbooks for IHC, Western blot and ELISA for FREE.Download Free PDFs Now
Guaranteed product quality
We promise all of our products perform as described in datasheets.
1. Post-translational modification:phosphorylation, methylation, glycosylation etc. These modifications prevent SDS molecules from binding to the target protein and thus make the band size appear larger than expected
2. Post-translational cleavage: this can cause smaller bands and or multiple bands
3. Alternative splicing: the same gene can have alternative splicing patterns generating different size proteins, all with reactivities to the antibody.
4. Amino Acid R chain charge: SDS binds to positive charges. The different size and charge of the Amino Acid side chains can affect the amount of SDS binding and thus affect the observed band size.
5. Multimers: Multimers are usually broken up in reducing conditions. However if the interactions between the multimers are strong, the band may appear higher.,