|Reactivity||Human, Mouse, Rat|
|Product Name||Anti-FGF4 Antibody|
|Storage & Handling||At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|
|Description||Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for Fibroblast growth factor 4(FGF4) detection. Tested with WB in Human;Mouse;Rat.|
|Cite This Product||Anti-FGF4 Antibody (Boster Biological Technology, Pleasanton CA, USA, Catalog # PA1033)|
|Immunogen||A synthetic peptide corresponding to a sequence in the middle region of human FGF4(84-97aa RRLYCNVGIGFHLQ), identical to the related rat and mouse sequences.|
|Reactivity||Human, Mouse, Rat|
Assay Dilutions Overview
Boster's Secondary Antibodies And IHC, WB Kits
The following reagents are used to generate the images below.Boster recommends Enhanced Chemiluminescent Kit with anti-Rabbit IgG (EK1002) for Western blot.
Images And Assay Conditions
Anti-FGF4 antibody, PA1033, Western blotting
WB: HELA Cell Lysate
Protein Target Info (Source: Uniprot.org)
|Protein Name||Fibroblast growth factor 4|
|Alternative Names||Fibroblast growth factor 4;FGF-4;Heparin secretory-transforming protein 1;HST;HST-1;HSTF-1;Heparin-binding growth factor 4;HBGF-4;Transforming protein KS3;FGF4;HST, HSTF1, KS3;|
|Subcellular Localization||Secreted .|
|Molecular Weight||22048 MW|
*if product is indicated to react with multiple species, protein info is based on the human gene.
|Protein Function||Plays an important role in the regulation of embryonic development, cell proliferation, and cell differentiation. Required for normal limb and cardiac valve development during embryogenesis. .|
|Background||Fibroblast growth factor 4(FGF4), also known as Heparin Secretary Transforming(HSTF1). HST1, for which the designation HSTF1 was proposed for human gene nomenclature, is a heparin-binding growth factor with significant homology to human fibroblast growth factors and the mouse Int-2 protein. By in situ hybridization, Adelaide et al.(1988) mapped the HST gene to chromosome 11q13. The HST1 protein is a heparin-binding growth factor with significant homology with human fibroblast growth factors and the mouse Int-2 protein.|
Order Product (PA1033)
Promotion:Buy one primary antibody get one 0.5ml HRP or Biotin secondary antibody for free.
Download troubleshooting handbooks for IHC, Western blot and ELISA for FREE.Download Free PDFs Now
Guaranteed product quality
We promise all of our products perform as described in datasheets.
1. Post-translational modification:phosphorylation, methylation, glycosylation etc. These modifications prevent SDS molecules from binding to the target protein and thus make the band size appear larger than expected
2. Post-translational cleavage: this can cause smaller bands and or multiple bands
3. Alternative splicing: the same gene can have alternative splicing patterns generating different size proteins, all with reactivities to the antibody.
4. Amino Acid R chain charge: SDS binds to positive charges. The different size and charge of the Amino Acid side chains can affect the amount of SDS binding and thus affect the observed band size.
5. Multimers: Multimers are usually broken up in reducing conditions. However if the interactions between the multimers are strong, the band may appear higher.,