|Application:||IHC, ICC, WB|
Data & Images
|Product Name||Anti-Ki67 Picoband™ Antibody|
|Description||Rabbit IgG polyclonal antibody for Antigen KI-67(MKI67) detection. Tested with WB, IHC-P, ICC in Human.|
|Cite This Product||Anti-Ki67 Picoband™ Antibody (Boster Biological Technology, Pleasanton CA, USA, Catalog # PB9026)|
|Replacement Item||This antibody may replace the following items: sc-101861|sc-107819|sc-15402|sc-23900|sc-292761|sc-52904|sc-56319|sc-7844|sc-7844-R|sc-7846 from Santa Cruz Biotechnology.|
|Application||IHC, ICC, WB
*Our Boster Guarantee covers the use of this product in the above tested applications.
**For positive and negative control design, consult "Tissue specificity" under Protein Target Info.
|Recommended Detection Systems||Boster recommends Enhanced Chemiluminescent Kit with anti-Rabbit IgG (EK1002) for Western blot, and HRP Conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG Super Vision Assay Kit (SV0002-1) for IHC(P) and ICC.
*Blocking peptide can be purchased at $50. Contact us for more information
**Boster also offers various secondary antibodies for Immunoflourescecne and IHC. Take advantage of the buy 1 primary antibody get 1 secondary antibody for free promotion for the entire year 2018!
|Immunogen||E.coli-derived human Ki67 recombinant protein (Position: K2860-I3256).|
|Cross Reactivity||No cross reactivity with other proteins|
|Contents||Each vial contains 5mg BSA, 0.9mg NaCl, 0.2mg Na2HPO4, 0.05mg NaN3.|
|Concentration||Add 0.2ml of distilled water will yield a concentration of 500ug/ml.|
|Storage||At -20°C for one year. After reconstitution, at 4°C for one month. It can also be aliquotted and stored frozen at -20°C for a longer time.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.|
|Purification||Immunogen affinity purified.|
Protein Target Info (Source: Uniprot.org)
You can check the tissue specificity below for information on selecting positive and negative control.
|Protein Name||Antigen KI-67|
|Molecular Weight||358694 MW|
|Protein Function||Thought to be required for maintaining cell proliferation.|
|Sequence Similarities||Contains 1 FHA domain.|
|Subcellular Localization||Nucleus . Nucleus, nucleolus . Chromosome . Predominantly localized in the G1 phase in the perinucleolar region, in the later phases it is also detected throughout the nuclear interior, being predominantly localized in the nuclear matrix. In mitosis, it is present on all chromosomes.|
|Alternative Names||Antigen KI-67;MKI67;|
|Research Areas|||cell biology|cell cycle|markers| neuroscience|cell type marker|neuron marker|soma marker| tags & cell markers|cell type markers|replication|neurology process|neurogenesis| cancer|cell division|tumor biomarkers||
Background for Antigen KI-67
Anti-Ki67 Picoband™ Antibody Images
Click the images to enlarge.
IHC(P): Human Tonsil Tissue
All lanes: Anti-Ki67(PB9026) at 0.5ug/ml
Lane 1: HELA Whole Cell Lysate at 40ug
Lane 2: MCF-7 Whole Cell Lysate at 40ug
Lane 3: COLO320 Whole Cell Lysate at 40ug
Lane 4: HEPG2 Whole Cell Lysate at 40ug
Lane 5: SKOV Whole Cell Lysate at 40ug
Predicted bind size: 358KD
Observed bind size: 358KD
1. Post-translational modification:phosphorylation, methylation, glycosylation etc. These modifications prevent SDS molecules from binding to the target protein and thus make the band size appear larger than expected
2. Post-translational cleavage: this can cause smaller bands and or multiple bands
3. Alternative splicing: the same gene can have alternative splicing patterns generating different size proteins, all with reactivities to the antibody.
4. Amino Acid R chain charge: SDS binds to positive charges. The different size and charge of the Amino Acid side chains can affect the amount of SDS binding and thus affect the observed band size.
5. Multimers: Multimers are usually broken up in reducing conditions. However if the interactions between the multimers are strong, the band may appear higher.,